Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Readers In Motion Author Spotlight of September 2010- Author Lady La

Readers In Motion Author
Spotlight of September 2010-
Author Lady La


1. Tell us a little about you.
I’m a mother of three girls. I’ve been a Paralegal/Legal Office Assistant since 2003. I graduated from Robert Morris College with my Associates Degree in Applied Science, with my major being Paralegal/Legal Office Assistant. I’ve been writing poetry since my Freshman year of High School.

2. How did you come up with the idea for your book?
This is going to sound crazy. But I dreamt of my book, before I knew I wanted to write one. My book came to me in a dream and I woke up the next morning and sat at my computer and wrote half of my book right there on the spot.


3. Hollywood is calling your book. Who would you like to see play the part of your main characters?
Samantha, I can see being played by Nia Long.
Lester – I can see being played by Morris Chestnut
Louise – I can see being played by Taraji P. Henson
Eric – I can see being played by Michael Ealy

4. What would you consider your writing style?
Urban Romance. I’m a hopeless romantic and love, romance and drama, come easy for me. I have so much inspiration around me every day. I try to find ways to use what I see or hear and translate it into a story or situation and then move on and try to work it into a book. Everyone has relationship/marital issues, but not everyone wants to talk about it. So I that with me when writing. Sometimes it’s challenging, because I don’t want my characters to all have the same problems every time I write, but I want to broaden my horizon and explore all possibilities as far as relationships and marriage goes.

5. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Yes. JReal, Traci Bee, Kr Bankston, Shante Hannon and Cotton Carpenter to name a few.


6. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned alot! But what I’ve learned and continue to use is that I have to be true to my work. I can’t let anyone try and change my vision. My writing reflects me as a person, and if I let someone change that, then the readers won’t get the chance to know me as a writer.

7. Who designed the covers?
Donna OsbornClark of Creations By Donna.

8. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? And why?
I would have to say Marlon Mccaulsky. He is very supportive of my works. Even before I decided to pen Which Way To Turn, I was going to publish my first book of poems. He has given me insight, pointers, direction and most of all his support. He’s believed in me since day one and I cherish that. He has showed me that you can have a fan base and still be down to earth and humble in whatever you do. To take criticism for exactly what it is. If I can learn from it, then take what I can use and run with it, the rest leave it where it is.

9. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Yes. Giving my characters their own voice and sense of direction and to make it unique and different. When writing multiple characters, you want them each to stand out in their own way and possibly have a message that the readers can take and learn from.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I want to say THANK YOU for reading my work. I hope that I don’t disappoint you, and I hope to keep you all as avid readers. I hope that you find a message in each book that I write. Rather it helps you or someone you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment