Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

RIM'S AUTHOR OF THE MONTH- Lekeica BriMonae


RIM'S AUTHOR OF THE MONTH
Lekeica BriMonae

Tell us about you.
Well, what do you really want to know? I am a mom of five, an academic advisor and coordinator of testing at CCRI, plus a full time student.

We heard you are a writer. What is your writing style?
Hmm, that's a hard one because I really don't have a particular style. I just write what the voices tell me and we go from there.

What made you want to write My Brother's Keeper?
I was taking a reading in short stories class and me in the instructor got into it because all of the stories we were reading were ones I read in high school. So I asked if we could read other genres or something else. He said that "African American lit" didn’t really have any value and he posed a challenge and the rest is history. (LOL)

How did you come up with the title?
I didn't a member of RIM came up with the title..Thanks Kim and Minah.

What book are you reading now?
Umm, I just finished Material girl 2 by Keisha Erving and I am following Kr Bankston's serial drama..Thin Ice. Also, I just finished all three of SK's Sin City Heat Series plus the book I have to review for RIM.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Sometimes it's hard to focus because the voices all want to heard at the same time. I know that might sound a little crazy but anything can trigger a story line to pop into my head.

Who designed the covers?
Me!!

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Now this is a loaded question because I have at least 10 favorites and several runner ups...

What is a hidden talent that you have?
ROTFLMAO... I don't have any that I can put out there like that.

You are stuck on an island, you can carry three authors. Who would those three authors be?
Come on three this is the hardest question in the dang world. But I would to need to bring folks I know are guaranteed to deliver; so I say KR Bankston, Keith Williams and Chamsil.  Umm now take that back maybe Elizabeth Lashaun, Keith Gaston and Teresa Patterson. Nope take that back. My grandma always what you do for one you have to do for everyone. So  guess what WE ALL are going to be stuck on that damn island...LOL



To check out Lekecia BriMonae debut book, My Brother's Keeper click here>>> http://tinyurl.com/7fb6ans

2 comments: