Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

RIM's Review of Someone To Love By Karoline Bethea Jones

RIM's Review of Someone To Love By Karoline Bethea Jones
Someone To Love By Karoline Bethea Jones is a complex, yet-all-too familiar story of Terry and Stephanie Collins, a couple married for 15 years who are struggling to keep their marriage together through lies and deception.Stephanie Collins has spent her whole life looking for someone to love and someone to love her.  She thought she found it in handsome and very sexy Terry.
Terry was an upcoming music producer whose charm and gentle spirit captivated Stephanie. Terry was looking for his soul mate and thought he had found it in an innocent young beauty named Stephanie. Within this rocky and at  times unflinchingly cold marriage mistakes are made and nobody's hands are clean in this tale of two people's fight with reality vs. what they're imagining their worlds to be. Even though I couldn't connect with the main character, I see so many women who will. I know Stephanie. Everyone does. Several women at some point may have been her.  I may not have BEEN Stephanie but I've certainly been a fool for love in some form and that's what may have grabbed many readers, as it did me.  I grew angry at her, happy for and with her, and frustrated with her.
The author pulled emotions out of me, no matter what they seemed to be.  Minor editing issues and extra bickering between females characters didn't detract me from the overall story and I did enjoy it.
Rating:  4 stars. 
Rated by Nine Hairston
For Readers In Motion Bookclub

No comments:

Post a Comment