Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

RIM's August Author of the Month- Author Boo Jackson


RIM's August Author of the Month- Author Boo Jackson





1. Tell us about you.
I'm 28, reside in Liberty, Missouri...not married, no kids. Very family oriented and I would lay down my life for my mom and my sister. I graduated high school in 2002 and went on to pursue a degree in psychology...still haven't gotten that degree yet.
2. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I've always enjoyed writing. From poems, to short stories, to essays, to plays. My grandma was an English teacher so I've always been drawn to writing.
3. What inspired you to write your first book?  
My inspiration to write my first book came from my sister. She actually bet me that I couldn't write a novel and I was hell bent on proving her wrong, so I knocked Khamani's Angel out in 2 weeks.
4. What book are you reading now?
I am currently reading Cameron by Jade Jones.
5. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
"Guilty Pleasures" will take you into the life of Janet Clark. She's beautiful, she's successful, she's been married for over 20 years, but she's bored. Thoughts of her husband having an affair drives Janet to join the local gym and that's where she meets Lucky. Lucky works Janet's body out in more ways than one and has her feeling like she's on cloud nine; until she finds out the truth about her husband's affair.
6. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
My favorite author is K'wan. The thing that made me fall in love with his work is the fact that it's so unpredictable. He doesn't have "cookie cutter" books. You never know what to expect from him.
7. How do books get published? Why did you choose the method?
My first book was published under a publishing company, but I've since decided to do everything independently. I chose that because in a sense I'm controlling my own destiny. I know what's going to come out, I decide when it drops, what the cover looks like, I do the editing, etc.
8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
When I'm not writing, I enjoy reading. I tell people that I'm a reader first, then an author. I also like playing basketball with my brothers and going out with my sister.

9. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
The most surprising thing that I learned was that people actually want to read what I write. When I first started doing this, I had no intentions on being published or anything. I was just writing because I loved to write. Now I'm actually learning that I'm a pretty good writer and people enjoy my stories.

10. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
To the readers I want to say THANK YOU for supporting me and I hope to have your continued support in the future. As long as you keep reading, I'll keep writing...well I'll keep writing regardless but I do hope you keep reading my work.

 
Author Boo Jackson has several books that are on the Amazon website that is ready for you kindle to download....


Check out Khamani's Angel by Author Boo Jackson.....
Khamani's Angel follows the lives of Khamani Johnson, and his sexy incomparable girlfriend, Angel Mendoza. Dealing with a rough and unstable childhood, Khamani turned to the streets and went from being a street corner look out to a drug kingpin. Angel on the other hand, never had to want for anything. Both of her parents are successful doctors that made sure Angel lived a comfortable and stable lifestyle. But as the saying goes “opposites attract” and Angel's once picture perfect life is filled with love, lust, betrayal, and deceit. Is Khamani's love strong enough to withstand Angel's addiction or will he turn his back on his precious........ Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment