Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

RIM's Author of the Month for June- Aleta Williams

RIM's Author of the Month for June
Aleta Williams



1. Tell us about yourself.

I'm Aleta aka West Coast DivaHotPen. I self published my titles through my company "Alana's Book Line!" Writing for me is more of an hobby; a stepping stone to get to where God is trying to take me. My calling is to give inspiration to young ladies and women who can relate to where I come from. I went from being a motherless child... to an angry teen...a gangster chick.. .and now I'm a diva out to please the Lord and uplift others. I write true2life street tales with an inspirational bang. I feel in order to be a voice, a voice that's heard, and understood I have to give the real and its gets no realer then the tales I write. I thank you for taking the time to get to know me and I pray that my titles will serve you a satisfying course.

 
2. What part of your book was the hardest to write?
The hardest for me is the sex scenes. Its like I'm getting so personal and I don't like that. So I have to forget that I'm writing for an audience. Kind of hard to do, but I try.
3. Which of your characters is your favorite?In Salty ( my latest novel) it would have to be Pam. Pam is the type of chick that is loyal to those around her. However, when she gets played she can be a cold bitch.
In my debut it will be Lana. She shows us how she went from a gangster chick to a God loving Diva. She left the hood and found her way. The person she was yesterday she is not today.

4. If you were to do your career as an author again, what would you do differently, and why? Lots of Research. Less money on marketing. That's it.
5. Have you ever been surprised by a controversy among fans or reviewers - for example, you created a character without thinking too much about what people would think of him, and found some readers loved him and some hated him? Yes. I did not think people would not like her. I thought they would respect her game and feel sorry for her, but most thought she was a heartless bitch. LOL..When I think about it from their stand point they are right. But at the same time there was a reason she was the way she was. She has issues, inner demons and a lot of pain she was struggling with. There are plenty of Pam's in the world.
6. What are your favorite authors/books?Karen Williams-All
Tracy Brown- White Lines
Wahida Clark- Thug Series
New Author LaTonya West- Crazy In Love

7. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?My Godmother. I sure miss her. She was always an inspiration to me and still is. I will always admirer her strength.. I would love to hear her say she is proud of me. And go around the church and her friends saying "My God Daughter did that, now what?" LOL....She was a mess.

8. Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I have been writing all my life. When I was a kid, I had big dreams of becoming a rapper/singer and while, I can't sing, I can rap and write songs. I pushed that to the back burner for years. I forgot I could write poems and what not. One day I wrote a piece for the church that received a lot of praise and right after I started college I did a lot of writing. Then one day my husband came to me with the concept of writing a script and he was doubtful that I could pull it off . I took that as a challenge and configured my characters in my Debut ZipCodez.
9. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Karen Williams. Strict but a very very helpful and genuine diva.
10. What would you like to say to your readers? I thank God for you. I write for you guys.. Stay Blessed. Oh, and spread the word. :)




All of Aleta Williams' novels can be found on Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and at her website ww.alanasbookline.org.

Salty: A Sassy, Grimy, and Envious Ghetto Soap Opera
ZipCodez 90002*90220 A Watts and Compton Tale
Codez2Codez (A Watts and Compton Saga) 


No comments:

Post a Comment