Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

RIM's Author of the Month for April- Denise Jones

RIM's Author of the Month for April-
Denise Jones



1. Tell us about you.
Denise was born and reared in the midst of a drug-infested environment on Chicago’s West Side. The  oldest of seven siblings, Denise was reared by her grandparents in a sweet but bitter home. By the time she was five, she had been molested by several family members. Denise began shooting heroin at age twelve, initiating a cycle of crime and addiction that lasted 14 years. In 1986 Denise met the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave her a second chance at life and rewrote her destiny. Upon changing her lifestyle and connecting with positive people, Denise overcame the adversities controlling her life and has lived the last 25 years, clean and sober. After years of using drugs, she made the cognitive decision to turn her life around and do something positive for herself.

2. What made you want to become a writer?
That others who have or are currently walking in my shoes may know that there is Hope and can change.

3. Where does your inspiration come from?
My mother


4. How important are book cover to your novel?
The book cover represents my past struggles to my victory as being a diamond made under pressure.

5. If you could team up with any author and write the ultimate five star novel, who would it be and what would be the name of the novel?
 I am not sure who it would be, but ultimate the five star novel would be “The Prison Within Me”

6. What do you do when you are not writing? 
Presently I working on a stage play, otherwise I’m shoe shopping and learning to travel

7. How did you come up with the title for your novel? 
God gave me this title, when everyone else said I was nothing and would never be nothing, God said “Who Said It Couldn’t Be Done”


8. If you had to go back and do it all over, is there any aspect of your novel or getting it published that you would change?
 NO, the ride has been worth it all

9. Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans? 
 I pray that my story would bless you, that you might help me to continue spread the message to hope to the masses.



WHO SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE?
This book candidly chronicles one woman's journey from Chicago's west side ~ involving poverty, incest, drug addiction, incarceration and lesbianism ~ to sobriety, spiritual redemption and inner peace. 
In Denise's words: "Deep insecurity and inferiority, drug addiction and role confusion tormented me for many years. Often I wondered if I were a boy or a girl; if I were human or an animal. Who am I?
                                                     
                                                           
What am I? Why am I?

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2nd Corinthians 5:17


This month we are giving away a free autographed copy of his novel "Who Said It Couldn't Be Done?". The winner of the novel will be chosen at random at the end of the month. Sure make sure you leave a comment along with your email address to be enter.

1 comment:

  1. This is a raw, blatant, disturbing, inspiring story to read that parts with real experiences and lessons.

    ReplyDelete